Updated March 7, 2016
SeedVantage LLC (“Company” or “We”) respects your privacy and will protect it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide to us when you visit the website www.seedsprint.com (our “Website”), and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website.
- In e-mail, text and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from, or on the Website.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information”);
- that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as your IP Address and;
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the Website. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies, flash cookies, and web beacons.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on, or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out with us through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders.
- Your search queries on the Website.
- Information that you supply to us in the course of general marketing and other business activities.
- Information that you supply to us when you visit our facilities or while attending an event which the Company is a participant or which is sponsored (in whole or in part) by the Company.
- Information that you provide or disclose on notice boards, newsgroups, messaging services, community feedback sites, email systems, social media websites, forum facilities, chat rooms, or similar features that we may establish on our sites.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). You have the right to ask us not to track your behavioral data (“opt-out”). We will use commercially reasonable efforts to inform you (before collecting your data) how we intend to use your data or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for the purpose for which it was collected. You can exercise your opt-out right to prevent such processing by turning off your browser’s cookies Information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our the Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs. pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not collect personal Information automatically, but we may tie this information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. In the event we were to use such third-party providers, we would provide you with the opportunity to opt out. For information about how you can opt-out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, please contact [email protected]
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account/subscription, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide us the information.
- For any other purpose for which you have provided your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please adjust your user preferences in your account profile And you may also elect to unsubscribe to correspondence you receive from us by clicking the link ”Unsubscribe” in our communications For more information, please contact [email protected]
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, which information does not identify any individual or entity, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by the Company about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out of these disclosures.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an e-mail address to use the “e-mail a colleague” feature of our Website, we will transmit the contents of that e-mail and your e-mail address to the recipients.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers or others.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We seek to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms in an effort to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by sending us an e-mail stating your request to [email protected]
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your e-mail address/contact information used by the Company to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by clicking the ‘unsubscribe; link at the bottom of all Company email correspondence or by sending us an e-mail stating your request to [email protected] If we have sent you a promotional e-mail, you may click the ‘unsubscribe; link at the bottom of any Company email correspondence. This opt out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
- Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by disabling cookies on your browser. For this feature to function, you must have your browser set to accept browser cookies.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your personal information by sending us an e-mail at [email protected] to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
If you delete your User Contributions from the Website, copies of your User Contributions may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or might have been copied or stored by other Website users.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to [email protected] or write us at: SeedVantage LLC, 234 5th Ave- Suite 410, New York, NY 10001.
We have implemented commercially reasonable measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure including the following:
- The Website’s non-password protected content is hosted by Hubspot, and the application and its password-protected are hosted by Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- To protect data, all transmissions to and from seedsprint.com are protected by SSL with the highest encryption algorithm available today. This is similar to the algorithms used by major financial institutions. For the Website hosted by Hubspot, GeoTrust is the provider of our EV certificate, under its GeoTrust Extended Validation SHA256 SSL CA. For the password-protected application and content the “Platform”) hosted by AWS, our SSL certificate provider is Comodo under its COMODO SHA-256 Extended Validation Secure Server CA your web browsers supports the advanced security feature of displaying the green security bar, you can click on the bar to view more details about the certificate and the verification that you are on seedsprint.com.
- Confidential information, whether for a user’s “Deep-dive package” or otherwise, immediately undergoes an encryption process, which may last a few milliseconds for small files, or possibly minutes, for very large files.
- Each file that is uploaded by a user to a “Deep-dive package” or is encrypted by our server can only be decrypted using a key specific to that file. The Member or Subscriber having uploaded such files controls access, and may authorize a Member or Subscriber to them by creating an online data room for access by a party authorized by the uploading Member or Subscriber, which data room contains the Deep-dive package and other files the disclosing user wishes to share with that party.
- When a user authorizes another user to view and download files, after being unencrypted for the authorized download request, the unencrypted file is deleted from the system so that only the encrypted file remains after the authorized access has been completed, following the termination of the downloading user’s session.
- AWS employs extensive web security technology that actively scouts for threats For further information on the security provided through AWS, please see the AWS security document https://d0.awsstatic.com/whitepapers/aws-security-whitepaper.pdf and pages 7 – 14 of the August 2015 version, in particular.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we use commercially reasonable measures to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention by any user of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Christopher Burns, Samuel Zeller, NordWood Themes, Robert Haverly, Fancycrave, Joel Filipe, Joel Filipe, Lurm, Sharon Pittaway, Christopher Burns, Joel Filipe, Clem Onojeghuo, Lurm, Karim Ghantous, Mathew Schwartz.